[et_pb_section bb_built=”1″ fullwidth=”on” module_id=”inner-top” _builder_version=”3.0.77″][et_pb_fullwidth_header title=”Blog” background_layout=”dark” text_orientation=”center” background_overlay_color=”rgba(0,0,0,0.6)” _builder_version=”3.0.77″ background_image=”https://accentroofing.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/header_photo.jpg” background_position=”top_center” background_repeat=”repeat” custom_button_two=”on” button_two_text_color=”#ffffff” button_two_bg_color=”rgba(255,255,255,0)” button_two_border_color=”#ffffff” button_two_use_icon=”off” button_two_text_color_hover=”#ffffff” button_two_bg_color_hover=”rgba(255,255,255,0.5)” button_two_border_color_hover=”rgba(0,0,0,0)” /][/et_pb_section][et_pb_section bb_built=”1″ specialty=”on” module_id=”blog-content” _builder_version=”3.0.77″][et_pb_column type=”3_4″ specialty_columns=”3″][et_pb_row_inner admin_label=”Row” _builder_version=”3.0.47″][et_pb_column_inner type=”4_4″ saved_specialty_column_type=”3_4″][et_pb_post_title author=”off” date_format=”F j, Y” categories=”on” comments=”off” _builder_version=”3.0.77″ title=”on” meta=”on” date=”on” featured_image=”on” featured_placement=”below” text_color=”dark” text_background=”off” border_style=”solid” /][/et_pb_column_inner][/et_pb_row_inner][et_pb_row_inner admin_label=”Row” _builder_version=”3.0.47″][et_pb_column_inner type=”4_4″ saved_specialty_column_type=”3_4″][et_pb_text _builder_version=”3.0.77″ background_size=”initial” background_position=”top_left” background_repeat=”repeat”]
Tips on working with your
- Call Accent Roofing & Construction to schedule a free inspection of your roof to determine if any damage was incurred.
- As soon as our inspection confirms your roof has incurred damage, you should contact your insurance company (claims Department) to request an inspection.
- When the insurance adjuster calls and sets up an appointment then contact us and we will meet with your adjuster when he arrives and show him the damage from our inspection.
- If temporary repairs are necessary before your adjuster arrives for inspection we can get those repairs done. Your agent / adjuster can authorize any temporary repairs necessary to prevent further damage to your property but photos will need to be taken and receipts kept for reimbursement of those repairs.
- Only temporary, not permanent repairs can be made until the adjuster has had the opportunity to inspect the damaged area.
- Once the inspection in complete, you will receive a claim sheet outlining the scope of damage and funds being made available for the repairs, less your deductible.
Understanding how Insurance Claims have changed over the last few years Insurance companies have changed in the last few years in the way they determine the cost of your claim. Claims are no longer determined on you getting multiple contractors bids. This is important to clearly understand. Your insurance adjuster determines the scope of work and the total cost for those repairs using a database program called Xactimate, not from bids that you get from contractors. Because Accent Roofing also uses the same program we can make sure your claim is exactly what it needs to be, line item by line item. We will take great care in determining what your insurance adjuster would or should include in his estimate.
- If the insurance adjuster misses something in their evaluation, we will work directly with your adjuster on your behalf to make sure the damaged item is included in the claim.
- If the insurance adjuster submits a lower estimate and it is determined by Xactimate to be correct, then we will adjust our estimate to match his. On the other hand, if the adjuster’s estimate is low and Xactimate determines it is higher then we will work to make sure the adjuster changes his estimate.
- Accent Roofing & Construction guarantees that the work we do for you will be for the exact amount the insurance pays thus eliminating the need to get additional contractors bids.
Another change that has taken place with insurance companies is that they are only obligated to pay for the actual cost of repairs. That means whatever you pay the contractor is what the final claim total will end up being. So if a contractor’s estimate is less than what the insurance companies origin estimate was, the insurance company will then reduce your claim and pay the lower amount in the final check when the contractor’s invoice is submitted. What the property owner hoped to save by using a lesser bid is lost back to the insurance company. The contractor also may cut corners in order to save money and you could be receiving a compromised installation.
The best thing to do is to work with a company that you can trust and who knows how to work with the insurance company to insure a complete and proper claim settlement in the end. This is what Accent Roofing does. We are insurance negotiating specialists who understand your insurance company’s estimating system because we use the same system in determining our quote. We are able to work with them to insure you get the proper settlement so that you will not be forced into a compromised installation. We provide the highest quality installation available and we will do it for what the insurance actually pays. The bottom line is, we do it all at very competitive prices! We are so confident in our work performance and service that we provide a full five year workmanship warranty on all installations.
Accent Roofing & Construction –
Your Insurance Claim Specialists
Accent Roofing & Construction will perform a free inspection to see if you have any damage to your roof.
Most of the time roof damage cannot be seen from the ground but if strong storms have passed through your area then there may be damage to your roof. It is worth the effort to contact a professional to examine your roof closely to determine if there is damage. Hailstorms can take years off the life of your roof especially if it’s a composite roof by the loss of the ceramic granules from the surface of the shingles eventually causing leaks. With other roof types, such as metal, slate or tile, damage may only be cosmetic, but if not repaired, the damage can depreciate your home. You have a limited time before your insurance deadline will pass. Once it does, you may have to pay for the damage out of your own pocket. Why risk this? Your insurance company will not contact you to ask if you have damage or if you would like a free inspection.
Is there damage but you have waited to file a claim?
Are you concerned that it’s too late to make a claim?
Did you file a claim but the inspector denied or limited you’re damage?
Have you received a claim settlement but haven’t hired a contractor?
[/et_pb_text][/et_pb_column_inner][/et_pb_row_inner][/et_pb_column][et_pb_column type=”1_4″][et_pb_sidebar orientation=”right” area=”sidebar-1″ _builder_version=”3.0.77″ /][/et_pb_column][/et_pb_section]